2019 Kia Optima electrical NHTSA complaints: Electrical System

NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2019 Kia Optima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Kia Optima:

2019 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Feb 172020

Optima

When my phone is plugged into the charger, my screen will go black all of a sudden, and I have to turn the car off and unplug my phone and turn the car back on for the screen to come back on. Also, there have been several occasions where my brakes lock up on me, and I almost hit the person in front of me. Especially in the rain, and I have even had to swerve off the road to avoid a collision. It happens when I am in motion driving and go to stop. The radio screen though has turned off on me whether I am driving or in park.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Nov 192019

Optima

I was in two low speed rear ended crashes because the cib didn┐T engage and I had no breaking power. One who on the high way and once in an exit ramp

- Renton, WA, USA

Jun 262019

Optima

I bought my 2019 Optima brand new back in November. It is now June and I have had it back to the dealership 3 times for randomly not starting on me. I get the same answer every time. They don't know what it is, nothing comes up on the computer when they plug it in. They say, "if it happens again, call us and well take it in". buying this car brand new and my payments being that of a range rover, I am extremely upset. To top it off, the back windshield is slipping down. I am over this car and I will never buy another Kia again. But, my fight is not over, something will have to be done. It also hesitates at times, feels as though it is struggling to go. Also, two times while I was driving the car, the dash lit up with almost everything like, I was in a crash, the exclamation point, etc.

- Villas, NJ, USA