2019 Kia Optima engine NHTSA complaints: Engine

NHTSA — Engine Problems

4.1

2019 Kia Optima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Kia Optima:

2019 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Feb 272020

Optima

The contact owns a 2019 Kia Optima. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph and merging onto the highway, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact pumped the accelerator pedal several times and the vehicle responded. The vehicle was not taken to be diagnosed nor repaired. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,800.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 042020

Optima

2019 Kia Optima, in July of 2019.1st instance, 2/4/2020 (late afternoon) I drove back from new albany in and as soon as I got off the freeway on keystone, I tried to turn a corner and the cel light came on flashing and the car would barely accelerate (heavy hesitation). They said do not drive, get a tow.I did, they hooked it up. An error to contact Kia eng. They indicated its 1 of 2 things, rock sensor harness/rock sensor. 1st they said they would replace the sensor but they only replaced the harness.mileage on this date 2/7/2020 8,801 miles. Picked up my car on February 7, 2020. 2nd instance 2/24/2020 @3pm(ish)- return trip to indianapolis from lafayette (round trip) apx 2:59P on the way back to work, I got off in zionsville to run to the store. I stopped at the light and tried to turn right, the exact same scenario as the 1st instance. Cel light, major hesitation and very little acceleration. Called service at Kia to get my rental ready and I was on my way in to the shop. The rental was ready and it was late Monday. He contacted who is the GM called me 2/24/2020 @6:16pm to say that he will look into this asap in the morning. He also indicated that he is part owner of lia dealer.on Monday evening I contracted Kia Corp office to file a case # same evening, I text my salesman but the gmcalled 8:07A explained its on the rack and the engineers have been contacted for the resolution and he will call me when they know more. Tues GM and GM of all local service depts) called and explained the issue, attempt at a resolution change the sensor and driving 10 miles to make sure it fixes it. How is 10 miles going to ¿test¿ he agreed 30 mile test. He said if this sensor fails they (Kia Corp) will replace the engine! well the sensor is working 2 days so far. (last time it took 11 days and 1,177 miles to fail) I picked up car on 2/26/20. L

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 262019

Optima

I bought my 2019 Optima brand new back in November. It is now June and I have had it back to the dealership 3 times for randomly not starting on me. I get the same answer every time. They don't know what it is, nothing comes up on the computer when they plug it in. They say, "if it happens again, call us and well take it in". buying this car brand new and my payments being that of a range rover, I am extremely upset. To top it off, the back windshield is slipping down. I am over this car and I will never buy another Kia again. But, my fight is not over, something will have to be done. It also hesitates at times, feels as though it is struggling to go. Also, two times while I was driving the car, the dash lit up with almost everything like, I was in a crash, the exclamation point, etc.

- Villas, NJ, USA