- December 5: Kia Engine Recall Includes Extended Warranty recalls | 49 days ago
- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 55 days ago
Kia Preliminary Evaluation PE04067: THROTTLE CABLE BINDING
2004 Kia Sedona
THROTTLE CABLE BINDING
Vehicle Speed Control
Vehicle Speed Control:Cables
Vehicle Speed Control:Linkages
- Kia provided information describing a water entry point at the rubber sealing boot located at the throttle body end of the throttle cable, advising that water could enter the cable sheath during normal vehicle operation.in low temperatures, the water freezes and may impede the movement of the throttle cable thereby preventing an open throttle from returning to the closed position.a stuck throttle could increase the risk of a crash.to prevent water ingress, Kia increased the crimping force of the clamp installed on the rubber boot from 2 to 5 kilograms force.the action took place in April 2004 and occurred in connection with other changes to the throttle cable system.to remedy the vehicles built before this date (all of MY 2002 and part of 2003), Kia will conduct a safety recall to replace the defective cable with an improved component.certain recalled vehicles will also have an additional clip installed to address a potential cable disengagement concern.see Kia's January 17, 2005 part 573 letter for NHTSA recall 05V013 (Kia recall SC-042) for further information.no action is being taken on vehicles built after April 4, 2004.
- Documents (8)
- KIA 11/24/2004 LETTER TO ODIRESPONSE TO IR DATED 9/29/04.
- KIA RESPONSE TO 9/29/04 IR TABS 1,2, 3 & 4
- KIA 11/24/2004 RESPONSE. ONE CD ROM - 2002-2004 SIDONA THROTTLE DATA.
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED * 09-24-04 * P
- IR TO MFR * 09-29-04 * P
- MEMO REGARDING EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGING RESPONSE EXTENSION FOR A PORTION OF THE IR REQUESTS, DSY, 1/5/2005.
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED * 01/27/05 * P
- HYUNDAI 1/17/2005 RECALL 05V-013 INFORMATION
Click a tab for more information.