9.0

2015 Kia Soul engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Soul:

2015 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Aug 062019

Soul + 2.0L

Driving 55 with AC and cruise on car loses all engine power, no warning lights no noise, engine just quit working. Had towed to dealer, service manager was a major jerk and could have given a sh*t less, tried to tell me a new engine with labor would be over $10,000 and that my engine was seized up, I call BULLSHIT!!!! I think it is a scam to try to get me to buy a new car, said warranty was not good due to poor service records, and Kia would not honor the warranty so I am up a creek with no paddle. The dealership tried to sell me a car but could not due to still owing more than $9,000 on the car loan. This totally sucks and kia needs to be made aware of these practices.

- Richard J., Grants Pass, OR, US

Jun 142019

Soul 1.6L

Just got my soul back from the recall fix on 6/12/2019 the work completed by Rick Case Kia on Sunrise, FL. And yesterday 6/14/2019 I left home to drop my daughter to work and then get to my work. The car started fine, we reached a driving speed of approx 40mph when my car just shut off in the middle of the street, I immediately turned the Hazard lights on, I couldn't start it again. We had a car behind us and the gentlemen was able to avoid running into us just in time, so no accidents or injuries thank god. Towed to the Rick Case Kia at Sunrise, FL today morning and they said it was the battery. The battery had bad cell, cost $150 to replace the battery. They couldn't find any other issues. The dealership mentioned they ran a full diagnostics but couldn't find anything that would cause the car to shut off while driving, They blamed it on the bad cell in the battery. I am not a mechanic or know a whole lot about cars, but I thought the batteries only come into play when the car starts and have no impact while driving. I could be wrong but I am not convinced that 2 days ago I get the car back from recall fix and everything is checked out fine and then suddenly battery has a bad cell a day later that almost causes an accident and injuries and could be fatal.

- moralesm, Plantation, US