1. replace engine (1 reports)
2016 Kia Soul engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Kia Soul:

2016 Kia Soul Owner Comments

Apr 192018

Soul ! 2.4L V4

For a few days the transmission took a long time to change gears then it started slipping when I started from a stop. The engine hit around 7000 rpm then the car started going and acted normal. Later I was driving to the store and the transmission slipped the whole time. Then on the way home I was going around 45 mph when the RPMs jumped to about 8000 and then the wheels locked for about a second and the engine died and would not restart.

Car was towed to the dealer and I was told the engine had sludge in it and they wanted maintenance records. I did not have them but they went ahead and ordered the engine. They said there was nothing wrong with the transmission even though I felt slipping. My car has now been in the shop for over a month still waiting for an engine. I was told that there were other cars waiting for engines that have been there for over 2 months. This company should either get their engine shop making engines or replace the faulty vehicles with new cars.

- Alan W., Douglasville, US