- October 19: Kia Recalls Soul and Soul EV Cars, 3rd Time, Same Problem recalls | 3 days ago
- October 14: Kia Recalls 2017 Sorento SUVs Over Crankshaft Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- September 10: General Motors Sued After Child's Death in Saturn Aura Crash news | 42 days ago
- August 13: Kia Lawsuit Says Connecting Rod Bearings Leave Metal in Oil news | 70 days ago
- July 31: Kia Soy-Based Wiring Chewed by Rodents: Lawsuit news | 83 days ago
2016 Kia Soul
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Kia Soul
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Kia Soul by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2016 Kia Soul STEERING NHTSA Campaign #15V736000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Kia Soul and Soul EV vehicles manufactured January 18, 2014, to September 30, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the adhesive used to secure the steering pinion gear to the steering gear assembly may have insufficient strength, and as a result, the pinion gear may separate from the steering gear assembly.
Consequence: If the pinion gear separates, there would be a loss of steering which could increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the pinion plug that secures the pinion gear. Dealers will also install a set bolt for additional reinforcement. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on December 8, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC125. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V736000 »