8.1

2020 Kia Telluride accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Kia Telluride:

2020 Kia Telluride Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Apr 242020

Rock was slung up and cracked my windshield. Iżve had the car 6 months

- Waco, GA, USA

Apr 252020

Telluride

The windshield has cracked beyond reoair within a few hours. It started with a small chip on drivers side andnwe were planningnto get it fixed next day. A few hiurs later we went to the garage and itnwas a huge crack spread across the windshield. This seems like a ongoing problem with others and we want this reported as well. We were driving about 35 mph on normal road conditions. Seems like something small hit windshield the crack was about a nickel size and then booom!

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Mar 142020

Telluride

The windshield has cracked on both sides and has extended beyond repair. This appeared to happen during normal driving conditions. The dealer wants to charge us about $800 to repair. This seems like a ongoing problem with others and we want this reported as well.

- Lone Pine, CA, USA

Mar 092020

Telluride

Vehicle in motion on highway - small pebble hit windshield which chipped then cracked very quickly in a short period of time preventing repair of the chip and requiring windshield replacement.

- Bellbrook, OH, USA

Mar 072020

Telluride

The windshield has appeared to crack for no reason. We did receive a letter from Kia saying they would replace it but they need to actually recall these windshields if they are having such and issue with them. I've only had it for 4 months. Not sure how long it has been like this but we just noticed it this weekend.

- Greenfield, IL, USA

Feb 292020

Telluride

I've had my 2020 Kia Telluride less than two weeks, got into the car which was parked in the garage and the windshield was cracked. Never heard a rock hitting the windshield at any time (I'm the only driver), the crack started in top corner on passenger side and traveled across the top half of the windshield in about 3 hours. Had a 2014 sorento with 12 to 14 rock chips that never spread like this.

- Los Lunas, NM, USA

Feb 272020

Telluride

Windshield randomly cracked while parked.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Feb 062020

Telluride

Less than two weeks after I purchased my new Kia Telluride, the windshield sustained a hit from a small rock while I was driving at 70 mph on a local highway on my way to work. The rock hit sound was louder than when this happened in other cars I have driven. It was very loud. I could see the hit right after on my windshield and couldn't believe it. The diameter and depth of the hit were serious. I took the car immediately to a glass repair vendor per geico. I was told by the service manager that the windshield damage was a compound fracture and that I would need an entire new windshield. Then the technician assigned to work with me told me to go with a patch for now because he could replace the windshield and then this might happen all over again in a few more days. So I have been driving around with a patch since it was fixed sweating every day that the windshield is not going to hold up. Not only this, I have questioned whether or not I can even run this car through a carwash. I am afraid of any pressure being put on the damaged spot will make the hairline cracks get larger because the patched area itself is showing small hairline cracks coming out from the sides and appears to be getting worse. I am concerned for my personal safety and those of my passengers if the windshield does not get fixed. All of this said, I am encouraged that Kia is going to take care of it because they sent me a letter and told me to take the car to my dealership and that the windshield would be replaced. I have only started this process and hope it goes well. I am sad to buy the first new car I have owned in a long time and have this happen even before I have made the first car payment. Again, I am encouraged that Kia is standing behind its brand and proactively offering to help Telluride customers with this issue. It is very unfortunate to have to deal with this.

- Osteen, FL, USA

Jan 282020

Telluride

My windshield has two cracks in that impairs visibility. It was not hit by debris from the road. The both start from the edge of the glass and spread across the windshield. I contacted the local dealership and can have it replaced for 800.00!!!!!! I think this should be a recall due to it being a widespread issue.

- Hallsville, TX, USA

Feb 102020

Telluride

We heard a loud noise, like glass breaking as we were driving. The next day we went to our Telluride and found the windshield cracked almost halfway across. The crack started in the upper corner, passenger side, and traveled downward toward the center. We bought the car new in December. The car was stationary when the crack traveled but we heard the noise while driving.

- New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA

Feb 112020

Telluride

Windshield developed a random crack on the passenger side. This seems to be a known safety issue with this vehicle. Vehicle was hit by a small rock chip while driving on highway.

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Nov 302019

Telluride

The headlights on my ex model are seriously deficient and dangerous, especially during driving in low light area during turns. At my own expense I've purchased led bulbs, which have improved visibility ahead of me. However, the light is blocked by the projector type housing from illuminating the left and right sides of the front of the vehicle. Visibility during turns is non-existent. This needs to be addressed asap.

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Jan 282020

Telluride

While driving on the highway I heard the sound of small pebble hitting the windshield. (I did not see anything) the closest car was two lanes away and more to the side than in front. I discovered a dime size, star shaped, chip in the windshield. Within a few minutes two cracks were branching out from the chip about 1/2" in length. I took the car in the next day to have the chip repaired so it did not spread out further. I have driven many makes and models of vehicles in 35 years and I have never experienced this type of damage even when hit by something that was visibly larger. This is why I felt I needed to voice my complaint. I just purchased this vehicle less than two months ago and this is making me concerned whether it is safe to drive with a windshield this fragile. I feel this will happen again. Before this incident, I loved my vehicle but now I wonder if I should keep it. What other materials are inferior" is it safe? what will happen if I get stuck in a minor hail storm" in my opinion, there is no way this windshield could pass any safety test for strength or impact resistance. I just hope that my complaint along with the others will soon be enough to trigger an investigation and we can get a proper windshield.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 032020

Telluride

When we purchased the vehicle a small pebble hit windshield and had it repaired in 2 days. The next one happened in January, went to get in vehicle and had a crack running across windshield from top of glass by rear view mirror to underneath rear view on drivers side. It is still going across windshield. Cost to repair is around $900 plus have to take back to Kia dealer and get vehicle calibrated

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Dec 282019

Telluride

Windshield cracked without any sign of anything hitting it. My wife went into the store and when she returned there was a crack in the windshield starting on the driver side lower left. No recollection of anything hitting the windshield.

- Bixby, OK, USA

Dec 272019

Telluride

A small rock hit my windshield while driving at 50 mph on the freeway. The windshield easily cracked and chipped. It had to be completely replaced for $1200. I have owned other cars before and never encountered such a fragile windshield.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Dec 182019

Telluride

While driving on the interstate at 60mph a very small pebble hit my windshield on the top rhs and put a dime sized hole in the windshield coming to a point on the inside making a complete opening. It is now starting to crack like a spiderweb. Safelite has refused to touch it and the dealership has stated it will take several weeks to get a replacement and the cost is upwards of $750+. this is absolutely ridiculous, when you pay this much for a vehicle and you have to return to the dealership to obtain a cheaply made product and pay a not so cheap price for it. This is absolutely highway robbery. The service department recommended I turn this over to my car insurance. After speaking with my insurance provider, I learned my premium will increase due to having to file a claim. So, basically I'm going to have to pay an enormous amount of money for a cheaply made product or pay an enormous amount of money over who knows how long for a cheaply made product. From looking at the growing amount of complaints, there appears to be a legitimate cause for investigation into the product Kia is putting into their vehicles and selling to consumers. Additionally, should something small come through one of these windshields and injure a person inside of the vehicle or cause an accident, I would presume the affected individual(s) would have a legitimate ground for a potential lawsuit. There are far too many complaints being filed against Kia for this same issue and failure to investigate this many complaints by consumers is reckless.

- Charleston, WV, USA

Dec 182019

Telluride

I was driving my 2020 Telluride on a two lane road under 45 mph with no oncoming traffic and one car much further up the road. I did not see anything hit my windshield or coming toward me. I heard a very loud cracking noise and my windshield had a starburst crack on the driver's side near the edge of the windshield. Within 20 minutes the crack had started to spread out several inches on each side with one side cracking all the way to the edge. There was not a chip on the outside of the glass that would have been left if something very hard like a rock had hit the windshield. The only thing I can think of that could have hit the glass was an acorn falling from a tree above the road. An acorn should not crack a windshield! the outside temperature was 38 degrees and I the windshield defroster had been running for about 10 minutes prior to the cracking.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Dec 022019

Telluride

Driving on a public road, rock hit windshield at 15 mph cracked windshield, crack grows 1-2 inches every hour regardless of use

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 232019

Telluride

Within 6 days of purchasing my Kia Telluride, it suffered a significant chip and small cracking on the windshield while driving on the freeway at approximately 65 mph. I did not see any pebbles, rocks or debris in the area, nor did I observe any pebble actually hit the car. I did not observe any cars or trucks ahead of me on the freeway with any open/uncovered loads. In fact, I only observed passenger vehicles. The timing of the chip/crack seemed to coincide going over a small dip on the highway.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA