8.1

2020 Kia Telluride accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Kia Telluride:

2020 Kia Telluride Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Sep 072020

Telluride

While driving on the interstate this morning, I heard a small rock hit the windshield. It left a pit that starred out to about the size of a dime, I figured I would call a glass repair shop to repair it in the morning. I parked the car and after sitting for about tow hours the small rock chip turned into a 2 foot crack across the entire windshield. I have a letter from Kia which states that they will replace the windshield for free as there is a known issue with the front windsheild. I am hoping that they have better replacements as this shouldn't have cracked so easily or as badly as it did.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Sep 052020

Telluride

Windshield chips very easily, one chip from a small rock caused the entire windshield to crack from the drivers side all the way to the passenger end of the windshield within an hour. Iżve had plenty of rocks hit cars in the past, this rock was not large enough to have caused this kind of damage.

- Nottingham, NH, USA

Aug 212020

Telluride

Windshield is chipping extremely easy during normal highway driving. Within 2 months, three significant chips with one of them cracking.

- Forked River, NJ, USA

Aug 252020

Telluride

Purchased Kia Telluride AWD new in Oct. 2020. Cracked formed in windshield overnight without driving. After further investigation I noticed over 40 pit spots in the windshield glass.

- Wildwood, MO, USA

Aug 042020

Telluride

Windshield has many chips. It seems that more than other vehicles I have owned. Telluride only has about 13,000 miles and I get sparkles on the windshield when driving in the sum from all of the small chips. Car only driven on the highway on seldom trips from los alamos to albuquerque. I now see why they do not cover the windshield on warranty or extended warranty which I purchased

- White Rock, NM, USA

May 312020

Telluride

One month after purchase, my windshield crack for no apparent reason. I noticed a small linear crack along the center bottom of the windshield after it being parked in my driveway overnight. Within hours the crack spread along the entire glass. Kia repaired it under the good faith warranty but I had to wait 3-4 weeks for a windshield to come in, having to drive it like that in the meantime. After they removed the windshield and inspected it, they could not find any kind of impact mark. One month after repair, a very small piece of debris hit the windshield while I was driving (aprx 40-45 mph) and caused a small circular chip that could have been cured with resin to prevent it from spreading. However, within 15 minutes the chip continued and spread in 3 linear cracks. By the next day the crack ran across the entire windshield and now the windshield has to be replaced, again. Aside from it being annoying and costly to fix, I feel unsafe driving the vehicle feeling like the windshield could completely break on me while I'm driving.

- Downey, CA, USA

Aug 102020

Telluride

10/25/2019-the front windshield was hit by something while traveling on the highway. I inspected the windshield and did not find any evidence of damage. The next morning there was a long crack in my windshield. I contacted Kia and was informed that this was not a warranty issue and would not be covered. The windshield was replaced with a Kia replacement windshield by safelite. The cost of repair was $1,540.43. A claim was made and paid by my insurance carrier aig. A few months later I received a letter from Kia acknowledging that there was an issue and the cost of the repair would be paid for by Kia. I contacted aig and let them know, but to my knowledge, aig has not made a request for reimbursement. 8-10-2020 my replacement windshield was hit by a small object while traveling at highway speed. The window immediately developed a crack that continued to expand as I drove. The break happened yesterday. I took the vehicle into a Kia dealership and have filed a claim. I am waiting for a decision and a replacement windshield. In the meantime the crack is continuing to grow and is now 24ż long and growing. It is my understanding that Kia is going to pay to replace the windshield, but my service advisor told me that Kia would not pay for any additional replacements. Note both incidents happen on the way home from my weekend house on us-59 North.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 292020

Telluride

7/29/2020 driving on highway, semi drives by and a rock hit my windshield, right in the middle, it did some pretty good damage, I drove straight to my insurance company by the time I had arrived there it was splintering everywhere, my agent came out to look at it and he could not believe the damage to the windshield from the rock., my husband and I have only had the care for 3 months. I have been researching for a new windshield and came across this website so I thought I would reach out to you all since I am still trying to find a replacement windshield.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Jul 282020

Telluride

Tiny chip from pebble in bottom corner is now cracking totally across the windshield in 1 day

- Groton, MA, USA

Jul 152020

Telluride

My windshield cracked while I was driving 20 mph going to the grocery store that is located 2 blocks away from my house, it started with a small crack and by the time I was done with the shopping the crack spread to 2' attached please find pictures showing how the windshield looks

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 042020

Telluride

Windshield cracked in the bottom passenger side corner after owning the car for about 4 months and spread over 12 inches by the next day without having any reallocation that something even hit it. The crack doesn't look to have a "rock chip" type of marking.

- Aspermont, TX, USA

Jul 032020

Telluride

I purchased my Kia Telluride sx in June 2019. I have approximately 12K miles on the vehicle. A few days ago, while driving on the highway with the flow of traffic, I changed lanes with a small car (Honda civic or equivalent) about 5 or more car lengths ahead of me. As I completed my lane change, a pebble hit the windshield near the passenger A-frame, about 3/4 of the way up. The pebble must have been small as we were on the main lanes of the highway, and there were no commercial vehicles around. The pebble made a small impact point, and a near-immediate 6-8 inch crack. The outside temperature was approximately 95F to 100F. Over the next 2 hours, the crack grew quickly to around 30 inches across the middle of the windshield, towards the driver side. It has continued to grow a few inches a day, depending on how much the car is being driven and I suspect that hot outdoor air temperatures increase growth. I notified my local Kia dealer about the issue and also informed them of the corporate guidance sent out from Kia in November 2019 about this issue to provide goodwill replacements to Telluride owners. They were aware of the guidance and agreed to replace the windshield at no charge to me.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 252020

Telluride

I have had my Kia Telluride ex 2020 for the past 4 months. On month 3 its windshield cracked while driving on right lower side and cracks started to quickly expand needing to replace the windshield through insurance and paid 500$ deductible. I never anything hitting the windshield at that time. Again just a few days ago in month 4 of ownership windshield glass has chipped from two places. I never saw or heard anything hitting the glass while driving and I am the only driver.

- Fargo, ND, USA

Jun 262020

Telluride

Vehicles windshield has multiple chips and cracks. Windshield was hit with small rock leaving large bubble and cracks in the glass. A week later a small rock hit my windshield leaking a small chip. A month after that it happened again with even a smaller rock. All damage occurred while driving the vehicle in town going under 50 mph.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Mar 062020

Telluride

Windshield cracked from chip that I heard happen on the highway 3/6/2020. This window is an oem replacement window from Kia. The first windshield had the exact same thing happen in July 2019 within the first month of purchasing the car.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jun 192020

Telluride

I was driving on the highway and heard a fairly quite noise, looked up and there was a quarter size, bullseye crack in the windshield which quickly grew to a 3 feet and growing crack.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 052020

Telluride

While driving down the expressway in late February, a small rock hit the drivers side lower windshield. Immediately, I saw a bulls-eye appear followed by a line crack. After driving a mile or so I saw the crack quickly expand. Over the course of a few days it got worse. I filled a claim and got it replaced with an oem windshield. About 2 weeks ago, I took the car to the car wash and now the windshield has fine scratches all over it but not the rest of the car. Something is definitely amiss here.

- Novi, MI, USA

May 102020

Telluride

My 2020 Kia Telluride windshield is cracked. It's on the passenger side of the windsheld. It's a long crack that start at the A-piller and travels across the windshield. When I got in my car to go somewhere I saw the crack. I never saw or heard anything hit the windshield this time. Also my wife and my sun never saw or heard anything hit the windshield this time.

- Downey, CA, USA

May 272020

Telluride

The windshield is very fragile and chips very easily, a very mild hit by gravel or pebble causes damage to the front windshield.

- Sun City Center, FL, USA

May 272020

Telluride

We purchased the new Telluride in December, 2019. The windshield cracked and the crack ran across half of the windshield. Kia did replace the windshield without a charge. This was one in February 2020. Our new windshield now and a big chip in it, about the size of a pencil eraser. There is less than 7000 miles on it. There must be a defect or quality issue in the windshield glass they are using. We are in our late 60's. no off reading or risky driving. We were driving on the interstate when the new chip happened.

- New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA