- February 15: Ford Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- February 12: Ford Toe Link Recall Includes Flex, Taurus and Lincoln MKT recalls | 15 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 63 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 67 days ago
- December 20: Ford Recalls Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ After 15 Crashes recalls | 69 days ago
Lincoln Recall : Front Brake Pad Shims May Shift And Contact Disc
1998 Lincoln Continental
A damaged or broken brake disc may reduce a vehicle's braking power, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Pads
- Bosch Brake Components LLC (Bosch) is recalling certain aftermarket replacement front brake pads, models Bosch QuietCast BC598 and BP765, Bosch Blue BE598 and BE598H, Prostop PD598 and PD765M, Duralast Gold DG598, Duralast MKD598, Stop Master ST598, UltraStop ULT598, UltraLife MX598 and MX765, BrakeBest MKD765, and Prostop Platinum PGD598. These brake pads, manufactured October 1, 2014, to October 31, 2015 are intended for use on 2001-2007 Ford Taurus, 2001-2005 Mercury Sable, 1995-1999 Ford Taurus SHO, 1995-2002 Lincoln Continental, and 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII vehicles. The brake pad shim may shift out of position causing the shim to contact the brake disc resulting in damage to the disc.
- Bosch will instruct the owners how to have the affected brake pads replaced, free of charge. The recall began on May 26, 2016. Owners may contact Bosch customer service at 1-888-715-3616.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3 - 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.