ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2014 Lincoln MKT fuel system NHTSA complaints: Fuel/Propulsion System

NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

5.0

2014 Lincoln MKT fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKT:

2014 Lincoln MKT Owner Comments

Oct 082016

MKT

I heard about a recall of certain Lincoln Mkt's with the ecoboost engine back in August. There was mention that there was a problem with the fuel injector and that the car could potentially stall. I promptly made an appointment to take my car into the dealership. When there, they told me they didn't have the parts and had no idea what to even order; that I should wait for a notice from Ford/Lincoln. I did receive a letter a couple weeks ago but it said to wait until the dealership contacts me that they have parts or contact them if my car shows "symptoms", whichever occurs first. On Saturday, my car literally stopped working with not more than a 2 minute warning. I had been driving it on errands. I stopped at a friends's house of about 15 minutes. I had turned the car off. When I left my friend's house, I was driving down a residential street-25 mph. Suddenly, the car felt funny. It was hesitating. I thought it was in the wrong gear. I looked down, saw it wasn't and w/in a minute, the car was dead. The engine was still running but the car wouldn't move forward or backward. Over the next 1.75 hours as I waited for Lincoln roadside assistance, I tried to start the car. It would start but immediately stall out. The electrical was still working. Had I been on a highway or main road with a fast moving car or truck behind me, I'd be either dead or forever disabled. These cars need to be off the road!

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Aug 272016

MKT

The contact owns a 2014 Lincoln Mkt. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle after four attempts. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V621000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,900.

- Houston, TX, USA