7.0

1. replace sensors (2 reports)
  3. replace latch (1 reports)
2011 Lincoln MKX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Feb 012017

MKX

Door ajar light starting coming on about 6mths ago. I was able to shut door hard and make it go off at first. Then that stopped working. I tried W-D40 in latch and that lasted for about a month. Went to dealership and they want $110.00 to just diagnosis (I can tell them what the issue is!!) I have now googled the problem and have had several forums that have said the part has to be replaced. I have ordered the part and I am going to have a garage in my area install it. Not sure of price yet for install. Part ran me about 70.00.

- , Murfreesboro, US

Jun 132016

MKX LX

So I have now had this happen twice and twice it was "covered " by extended warranty which means it costs me $100 each time. Apparently because I didn't buy from the dealer that is doing the servicing I'm not worthy of good customer service and also MIDTOWN FORD says its a Ford issue not theirs so they shouldn't pay for it...huh? But I should the customer that acted in good faith. You are the FORD/Lincoln dealer aren't you? The fact that it is a ongoing problem is not my issue I bought a car and bought extend warranty and still I get screwed every time I go there. Maybe you should just fix it once and for all.

- , Winnipeg, Canada

May 012014

MKX 3.7L V6

I got my used MKX 2011 in March 2014. After 3 months, the driver's door is showing "door ajar" error even I closed it very hardly and it was firmly closed. It was on and off then after another 3 months, it stayed on. I couldn't see outside when it's dark outside and the overhead light stayed on because of this error. I checked internet and this is a very common issue for Edge and MKX. After a year, I couldn't bear it and I had to buy a switch from ebay and replaced it. It took me some money and a lot of work. Then in mid of year 2015, the passenger door got the same problem. I had to buy a switch and replaced it again. Now the rear passenger door is having the same issue. I ordered switch it's on the way.

This is a really bad issue of Ford. They have to recall cars and compensate my money.

- , Toronto, ON, Canada

Jul 152015

MKX V6

I have had several issues with this vehicle this one being the latest the door ajar sensor light will come on when the door is closed. I either have to slam it or lightly close it. This issue also causes the panic alarm to go off. I spent $160 on getting the sensor cleaned and 2 weeks later here I am again with the same problem. Now being told it will cost over $300 to replace the latch.

The other issues I have had is with the Navigation system it would have no idea where I was and telling me to take immediate right turns while traveling on the Interstate it took multiple trips to the dealership to get resolved. I have had two incidents with the brakes.

This is the first Lincoln I have ever owned and without a doubt will be the last.

- , Centralia, IL, USA