ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

6.8

$300

2. replace sensors (2 reports)
  3. replace latch (1 reports)
2011 Lincoln MKX electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jun 152017

MKX

Most of the time my door is completely closed but the vehicle apparently doesn't think so... Annoying right? You know what is also annoying, NEVER being able to LOCK my vehicle. If I do decide to lock it, the alarm will start blaring within an hour, extremely embarrassing, not to mention it will continue to go off for a while then the sound will subside but the lights will still blink. I've been woken up well after midnight with my alarm blaring because my vehicle just thinks my door is open. I've gotten up in the morning finding out my battery is dead, my lights were on all night because my vehicle thinks my door is open. I'm driving down the road at 35 mph and my daughter can reach over and open her door, because my vehicle won't lock while driving, just because my vehicle thinks the door is open. The door is not open... I can slam it over and over again for hours and the sensor might decide to play along every once in a while and go off.... more often then not my car constantly says "passenger door agar".... please fix this issue Lincoln!!

- Chelcie L., Monroe, US

Feb 012017

MKX

Door ajar light starting coming on about 6mths ago. I was able to shut door hard and make it go off at first. Then that stopped working. I tried W-D40 in latch and that lasted for about a month. Went to dealership and they want $110.00 to just diagnosis (I can tell them what the issue is!!) I have now googled the problem and have had several forums that have said the part has to be replaced. I have ordered the part and I am going to have a garage in my area install it. Not sure of price yet for install. Part ran me about 70.00.

- brinan7894, Murfreesboro, US

Jun 132016

MKX LX

So I have now had this happen twice and twice it was "covered " by extended warranty which means it costs me $100 each time. Apparently because I didn't buy from the dealer that is doing the servicing I'm not worthy of good customer service and also MIDTOWN FORD says its a Ford issue not theirs so they shouldn't pay for it...huh? But I should the customer that acted in good faith. You are the FORD/Lincoln dealer aren't you? The fact that it is a ongoing problem is not my issue I bought a car and bought extend warranty and still I get screwed every time I go there. Maybe you should just fix it once and for all.

- macon36, Winnipeg, Canada

May 012014

MKX 3.7L V6

I got my used MKX 2011 in March 2014. After 3 months, the driver's door is showing "door ajar" error even I closed it very hardly and it was firmly closed. It was on and off then after another 3 months, it stayed on. I couldn't see outside when it's dark outside and the overhead light stayed on because of this error. I checked internet and this is a very common issue for Edge and MKX. After a year, I couldn't bear it and I had to buy a switch from ebay and replaced it. It took me some money and a lot of work. Then in mid of year 2015, the passenger door got the same problem. I had to buy a switch and replaced it again. Now the rear passenger door is having the same issue. I ordered switch it's on the way.

This is a really bad issue of Ford. They have to recall cars and compensate my money.

- Qiang L., Toronto, ON, Canada

Jul 152015

MKX V6

I have had several issues with this vehicle this one being the latest the door ajar sensor light will come on when the door is closed. I either have to slam it or lightly close it. This issue also causes the panic alarm to go off. I spent $160 on getting the sensor cleaned and 2 weeks later here I am again with the same problem. Now being told it will cost over $300 to replace the latch.

The other issues I have had is with the Navigation system it would have no idea where I was and telling me to take immediate right turns while traveling on the Interstate it took multiple trips to the dealership to get resolved. I have had two incidents with the brakes.

This is the first Lincoln I have ever owned and without a doubt will be the last.

- April K., Centralia, IL, USA