9.0

$7,200

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2011 Lincoln MKX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Dec 162017

MKX

I HAD THE SIMILAR ISSUE 6 MONTHS AFTER I PURCHASED THE VEHICLE. THE SAME ISSUE ESCALATED TO WORSE RIGHT NOW, LESS THEN A YEAR AFTER I GOT IT REPAIRED. I WAS DRIVING ON A 35 MILES/PER HOUR ZONE AND WITHOUT ANY WARNING I HEARD THE CAR MAKING CLICKING NOISE AND COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN, I SAW SOME SMOKE COMING OUT FROM THE HOOD. I HAD SOMEONE CHECKED IT FOR ME. MY COOLANT WAS GOING INTO MY ENGINE. I GOT IT TOWED TO DEALER THE ENGINE HAS TO BE REPLACED FOR ALMOST $10,000.00. I HAD THE CAR SERVICED 2 MONTHS AGO AT THE DEALER AND I'M STILL OVER 3,000.00 MILES UNTIL MY NEXT SERVICE.

- Marie T., Charlotte, US

Sep 082017

MKX Limited 3.7L V6

Apparently, this is a common problem with the 2011 Lincoln MKX / Ford Edge engines.... all of a sudden the car won't work, stopped, towed to 2 mechanics. Bottom line: coolant leaked into engine, mixing with oil, causing the need for new engine... engine - $4,600; labor - $2,100, plus tax, total - $7,200. What a lemon of a car!!! The car is 6 years old; I bought it at 2 years old. A new engine? Believe me, I do not drive it roughly. Never, never, another junky car like this one. I had to make a quick trade when my previous SUV ( 15 years old... great vehicle!) was in the shop and was talked into this MKX. It is "glitzy pretty" but I would rather have a truck than this car. Never again!

- amstar23, Bradenton, US