- September 13: Ford Recalls Edge and Lincoln MKX For Faulty Door Bolts recalls | 9 days ago
- September 7: Ford Recalls Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKT recalls | 15 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 67 days ago
Lincoln Recall 10S14: Body Control Module
2011 Lincoln MKX
If an electrical short develops, an overheating condition may occur which could result in a vehicle fire.
Electrical System — Software
- Ford is recalling certain model year 2011 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, edge, and Lincoln Mkx trucks manufactured from October 25, 2010, through November 20, 2010. These vehicles were inspected using integrated diagnostic system (ids) that had a custom software routine to read the suspect body control module (BCM) serial number. Based on the serial number the BCM was either not affected or replaced. The custom software routine was not reading the correct set of characters, and was not able to identify a BCM that required replacement affected bcms may have the potential for an internal short.
- Dealer will inspect the body control module and if necessary replace it free of charge. The safety recall began on March 7, 2011. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.