- April 16: Ford Unintended Acceleration Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 66 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 67 days ago
Lincoln Recall 10S14: Body Control Module
2011 Lincoln MKX
If an electrical short develops, an overheating condition may occur which could result in a vehicle fire.
Electrical System — Software
- Ford is recalling certain model year 2011 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, edge, and Lincoln Mkx trucks manufactured from October 25, 2010, through November 20, 2010. These vehicles were inspected using integrated diagnostic system (ids) that had a custom software routine to read the suspect body control module (BCM) serial number. Based on the serial number the BCM was either not affected or replaced. The custom software routine was not reading the correct set of characters, and was not able to identify a BCM that required replacement affected bcms may have the potential for an internal short.
- Dealer will inspect the body control module and if necessary replace it free of charge. The safety recall began on March 7, 2011. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.