- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 2 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 36 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 36 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 40 days ago
- June 5: Ford Agrees to Settle MyFord Touch Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
Lincoln Recall 16C09: Child Seat Tether Anchor Blocked/FMVSS225
2016 Lincoln MKX
An improperly anchored child seat can increase the risk of injury in a crash.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 24, 2015. An incorrect seat back trim cover was installed on the affected vehicles, blocking the child seat tether anchors in the second row center seating position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 225, "Child restraint anchorage systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the seat back trim cover and tether cover bezel on the second row, free of charge. The recall began on June 16, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C09.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 24, 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.