- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 4 days ago
- November 16: Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- November 13: Ford 'Door Ajar' Light Class-Action Lawsuit Makes Headway news | 8 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
Lincoln Recall 16C09: Child Seat Tether Anchor Blocked/FMVSS225
2016 Lincoln MKX
An improperly anchored child seat can increase the risk of injury in a crash.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 24, 2015. An incorrect seat back trim cover was installed on the affected vehicles, blocking the child seat tether anchors in the second row center seating position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 225, "Child restraint anchorage systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the seat back trim cover and tether cover bezel on the second row, free of charge. The recall began on June 16, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C09.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 24, 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.