- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 4 days ago
- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 39 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 43 days ago
- February 14: Brake Fluid Leaks Cause Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC Recall recalls | 71 days ago
- February 1: Exploding Sunroof in Ford Escape Causes Lawsuit news | 84 days ago
Lincoln Recall 16C09: Child Seat Tether Anchor Blocked/FMVSS225
2016 Lincoln MKX
An improperly anchored child seat can increase the risk of injury in a crash.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 24, 2015. An incorrect seat back trim cover was installed on the affected vehicles, blocking the child seat tether anchors in the second row center seating position. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 225, "Child restraint anchorage systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the seat back trim cover and tether cover bezel on the second row, free of charge. The recall began on June 16, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C09.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - May 24, 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.