- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 23 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 27 days ago
- December 20: Ford Recalls Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ After 15 Crashes recalls | 29 days ago
- December 6: Ford Explorers and Lincoln Aviators Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 43 days ago
- November 16: Lincoln Recalls MKX SUVs After 3 Fires recalls | 63 days ago
Lincoln Recall 18S25: Alternator And Starter Cables May Be Loose
2018 Lincoln MKX
An electrical arc can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Alternator/Generator/Regulator
Electrical System — Starter Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX, 2019 Ford Flex, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. The power supply cables at the starter and the alternator may not have been properly secured, possibly resulting in an electrical arc.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator and starter motor power supply cables to verify that they are properly secured, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 26, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S25.
Click a tab for more information.