- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- August 7: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators For 2 Problems recalls | 14 days ago
- May 26: MyFord Touch Class Action Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 87 days ago
Lincoln Recall 18S25: Alternator And Starter Cables May Be Loose
2018 Lincoln MKX
An electrical arc can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Alternator/Generator/Regulator
Electrical System — Starter Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX, 2019 Ford Flex, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. The power supply cables at the starter and the alternator may not have been properly secured, possibly resulting in an electrical arc.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator and starter motor power supply cables to verify that they are properly secured, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 26, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S25.
Click a tab for more information.