- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 35 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 36 days ago
- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 61 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 76 days ago
Lincoln Recall 18C06: Incorrect Length Of Door Striker Bolts/FMVSS 206
2018 Lincoln MKX
If the doors open in the event of a crash, there is an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles. These vehicles may have door striker bolts that are shorter than intended. Vehicles with shorter door striker bolts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components" potentially resulting in the doors opening in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door striker bolts, free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C06.
Click a tab for more information.