- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 24 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 28 days ago
- December 20: Ford Recalls Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ After 15 Crashes recalls | 30 days ago
- December 6: Ford Explorers and Lincoln Aviators Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 44 days ago
- November 16: Lincoln Recalls MKX SUVs After 3 Fires recalls | 64 days ago
Lincoln Recall 17S16: Torque Converter Connection May Fail
2017 Lincoln MKZ
If the torque converter weld studs fail, the torque converter will not be connected to the engine flexplate and the vehicle will lose the ability to move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Torque Converter
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Edge and Fusion vehicles. On vehicles with 2.0L gas engines and six-speed automatic transmissions, the torque converter weld studs may have been inadequately welded.
- Ford or Lincoln will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque converters, free of charge. The recall began August 25, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S16.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 21, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)TSB - September 25, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16 – Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 10, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.