- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 3 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 14 days ago
- August 31: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 48 days ago
- August 31: Ford Seatback Recall Ordered For 550,000 Vehicles recalls | 48 days ago
- August 15: Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Seat Belt-Related Problems recalls | 64 days ago
Lincoln Recall 17S16: Torque Converter Connection May Fail
2017 Lincoln MKZ
If the torque converter weld studs fail, the torque converter will not be connected to the engine flexplate and the vehicle will lose the ability to move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Torque Converter
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Edge and Fusion vehicles. On vehicles with 2.0L gas engines and six-speed automatic transmissions, the torque converter weld studs may have been inadequately welded.
- Ford or Lincoln will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque converters, free of charge. The recall began August 25, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S16.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 21, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)TSB - September 25, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Safety Recall 17S16 – Supplement #1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 10, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice Safety Recall 17S16
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.