- November 7: Feds Warn: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Decal Blinds Driver news | 28 days ago
- October 28: Mazda Recalls 2024 CX-90 and Mazda3 Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
- October 28: Recall: Mazda CX-90 Hybrids May Suddenly Shut Down recalls | 38 days ago
Water Pump Failure Led To Engine Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2013 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most affected CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost â€” it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 88,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the engine (3 reports)
- replace it plus additional parts (1 reports)
- replace the water pump (1 reports)
cooling system problem