- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 59 days ago
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
Official recalls have been issued for the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mercury service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mercury customer service.
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS NHTSA Campaign #15V861000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2003-2005 Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis vehicles manufactured October 3, 2001, to August 2, 2005. The affected vehicles have a lighting control module (LCM) that may fail, resulting in a loss of headlights.
Consequence: A loss of headlights can reduce driver visibility and increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the LCM, free of charge. Interim letters informing owners that parts are not yet available were mailed on January 19, 2016. A second notice will be mailed when remedy parts are available in the first quarter of 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S39. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V861000 »
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE NHTSA Campaign #06E056000
Summary: Certain aftermarket fuel filters sold under the purolator brand name, P/N F65277, shipped from January 16 through June 2, 2006, for use on the above listed passenger vehicles. Due to incorrect design, the quick connectors may not fully seat with the tube interface, even though the person making the connection may believe that the quick connector is fully attached.
Consequence: Failure of this connection could lead to fuel spillage and, in the presence of an ignition source, a fire could occur.
Actions: Ufi will notify owners and replace the filters free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2006. Owners may contact ufi filters usa at 800-230-5876. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #06E056000 »
Browse Other Grand Marquis Years
- 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis