Mitsubishi Recall SR-15-009: Parking Brake Cable Contacting Fuel Tank
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Without the protective coating, the fuel tank may rust and leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (Mitsubishi) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Lancer Evolution vehicles manufactured January 31, 2014, to September 5, 2014, and 2014-2015 Lancer Ralliart vehicles manufactured February 3, 2014, to September 5, 2014. The affected turbocharged vehicles have a right parking brake cable that may contact the fuel tank, wearing away the tank's protective coating.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the right parking brake cable, and inspect the fuel tank, free of charge. If the fuel tank's exterior coating shows signs of damage from abrasive contact with the right parking brake cable, the fuel tank will also be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on October 13, 2015. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer service at 1-888-648-7820. Mitsubishi's number for this recall is SR-15-009.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety Recall Affecting Certain 2014 ‐ 2015 MY Lancer Ralliart and Lancer Evolution – Right Parking Brake Cable Interference with Fuel Tank (SR‐15‐009)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - No: SR−15−009 DATE: October, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - * * ADVANCE TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE * *
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.