- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 10 days ago
Nissan Recall : Passenger Air Bag Harness Connector Disconnect
2016 Nissan Leaf
If the wiring harness disconnects, the passenger air bag may not to deploy during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Electrical System — Wiring
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2016 LEAF vehicles manufactured February 24, 2016, to March 23, 2016, and Sentra vehicles manufactured February 9, 2016, to March 4, 2016. The wiring harness connector may disconnect from the dual-stage passenger air bag.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the wiring harness connector for proper engagement and, if necessary, replace the passenger air bag module and main body harness, free of charge. The recall began on August 9, 2016. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN BULLETIN Front Passenger Airbag Connector Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC467, PM655 Date: July 8, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN BULLETIN Front Passenger Airbag Connector Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign Reference: PC467, PM655 Date: June 21, 2016
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Reference: NTB16-065 Date: July 7, 2016
- 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.