- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 42 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 42 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 61 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 66 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Other Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Nissan Maxima has a significant trend of timing chain problems, which can ruin the engine.
Nissan used an "interference" design where the valves pop out into the path of the cylinder heads. Normally the timing chain keeps the valves opening at all the right times, but when Nissan's timing chain breaks or "jumps time", the cylinder heads smash into open valves & cause thousands of dollars of engine damage in one very quick & surprisingly unimpressive "PPPRRRRING!" sound.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan managed to fix the transmission problem for the 2007 model. The engine timing chain problems are a serious concern though.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 23,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
fuel system problem