- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 8 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 14 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
2008 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
Worst 2008 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 17
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problems1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.