- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 9 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 30 days ago
- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2006 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems144NHTSA complaints: 131
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 95
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 75
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 239
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.