- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 8 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 10 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 22 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 70 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 70 days ago
2012 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2012 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- transmission problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.