- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 26 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 30 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 31 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 39 days ago
2012 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
2012 Nissan Maxima Miscellaneous Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.