- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 16 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 23 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 26 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
Worst 2005 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems207NHTSA complaints: 312
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 121
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 32
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems3
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 453
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- steering problemsNHTSA: 15
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.