- October 29: Nissan Altima Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 19 days ago
- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 33 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 49 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 58 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.