- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 0 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 19 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 30 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 31 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 44 days ago
2005 Nissan Maxima
Accessories - Exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
2005 Nissan Maxima Accessories - Exterior Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.