- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 7 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 7 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 7 days ago
- October 29: Nissan Altima Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 41 days ago
NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
2.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 48,991 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - exterior problem