- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 10 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 17 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 20 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 31 days ago
2012 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
Worst 2012 Maxima engine Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.