- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 16 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 23 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 26 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 27,190 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.