- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 10 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 21 days ago
- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 39 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 27,190 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.