- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 2 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 18 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 27 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 46 days ago
2012 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Maxima is a very good reliable vehicle, continuing a stretch of good model years from 2010. Beware of Maximas from 2009, and 2004-2006 though.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the transmission problem starting with the 2007 model.
For the 2012 Maxima, so far so good!
2012 Nissan Maxima Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.