- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 3 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 9 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 10 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 15 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 29 days ago
2006 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
2006 Nissan Maxima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Timing Chain Slipping7
- Motor Mount Failure3
- Check Engine Light On2
- Timing Chain Failure2
- Leaking Oil1
- Won't Start After Operating Temp Reached1
- NHTSA: Engine46
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control34
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling18
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.