- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 18 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 22 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 23 days ago
- November 15: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 25 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 101 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the transmission (61 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)