- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Rogue AEB Malfunctions Should Be Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- February 27: 2019 Nissan Altimas Recalled For Possible Fuel Leaks recalls | 27 days ago
- February 20: 2009 Nissan Murano Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Problems recalls | 34 days ago
- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 39 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 101 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the transmission (61 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)