- March 13: 2020 Nissan Versa Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 20 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 39 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 45 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 78 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 101 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the transmission (61 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)