- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 7 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 16 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 100 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the transmission (60 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- rebuild transmission (3 reports)