- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 19 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 23 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,574 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 97 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the transmission (58 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- rebuild transmission (2 reports)