- January 26: Nissan Rogues Recalled Following 'Thermal Events' recalls | 1 days ago
- January 23: Nissan Xterra Crash: Plaintiff Awarded $36 Million news | 4 days ago
- January 9: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Filed Over CVTs news | 18 days ago
- December 25: Nissan Recalls 2022 Frontier Trucks For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 33 days ago
- December 24: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Issued After Engines Stalled recalls | 34 days ago
2008 Nissan Maxima
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!