- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 23 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 40 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 44 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 49 days ago
Floor Boards Rotted Through
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace floor boards (1 reports)
body / paint problem