- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 2 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 35 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 87 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 89 days ago
Floor Boards Rotted Through
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Maxima continues a very good model year (2007 is also good) with an extremely low complaint rate & no major defects. Beware of Maximas from 2009, & 2004-2006 though.
Nissan Maximas from 2004-2006 have a widespread transmission defect, but judging from our complaint data, Nissan fixed the problem starting with the 2007 model.
The 2009 Maxima has an expensive problem where the steering lock prevents the car from starting, & costs upwards of $1,000 to fix!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace floor boards (1 reports)
body / paint problem