8.5

$1,900

1. replace master cylinder (3 reports)
2011 Nissan Murano brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Murano:

2011 Nissan Murano Owner Comments

Aug 142020

Murano

Wife was very close to being in a serious accident when she started to come to a stop and brakes did not respond. Had previously brought in a for a similar incident and dealer said brake pads were worn. Had them changed. A few months later (after hardly driving) a failure occurred. Dealer diagnosed and said brake master cylinder and ABS control unit needed to be replaced. Final cost $3000. I have seen numerous complaints about the same issue and yet no recall by Nissan. Hopefully no one becomes injured or killed before Nissan addresses an issue they know fully about.

- Kenny A., Marrero, US

Jul 092018

Murano 97000

• CVT transmission

While traveling on 95, I had to hit the brakes and moved into the shoulder.I ran over the warning scallop. At this point the brake pedal went soft and down to the floor. The pedal remained soft on the rest of the trip and eventually cleared. About 2 days later it happened a 2nd time and has not cleared.

I have done a little reading and found that the ABS system on caused the same symptoms as the same part in the recalled 2009 Murano.

If they are the same part why has the been no recall for the 2011

- Josh S., Boynton Beach, US

Jan 092017

Murano V6

Nissan said I would have to take it to a dealer to look at. I don't want to drive it pedal goes all the way to floor. So I guess I have to eat the cost. I hope it's not too much, don't know yet. Watch out if buying this model.

- Donn M., Fort Myers, FL, US

Apr 092015

Murano LS

While on the road, at 40 mph, my brakes stopped working! After a while I had to pump the brakes a lot of times to finally stop. After that the brakes were never the same. I went to a nearby auto shop and told me that they had clients with the same problems, and I should go to Nissan. Went to Nissan and they told me that the fix was $800 and there were no recalls, and that this was not their first time fixing this problem.

This car is only 3 years old!

- cam.jimenez, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico