- November 17: Ram Fuel Pump Recall Involves 246,000 Trucks recalls | 13 days ago
- November 8: Mercedes Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed, Permanently news | 22 days ago
- October 29: Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Vehicles Recalled For Suspensions recalls | 32 days ago
- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 35 days ago
- October 25: Ram CP4 Lawsuit Filed After Fuel Pump Failures news | 36 days ago
Ram Recall T79: Vehicle May Rollaway
2014 Ram 1500
Being able to shift the transmission without pushing the brake pedal and/or without a key in the ignition can increase the risk of an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in personal injury or a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Column Shift
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of less than 10,000 lbs, 2011-2017 Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Cab Chassis vehicles, 2009-2017 Ram 1500 and 2010-2017 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks, all equipped with a column shifter. Pushing the brake pedal for prolonged periods when the vehicle is running and in PARK may cause the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) pin to stick in the open position. With the pin in the open position, the transmission can be shifted out of PARK into any gear without pushing the brake pedal or having the key in the ignition.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the vehicle software, inspect the BTSI, and, as necessary, replace it, free of charge. The recall began February 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T79.
- Documents (18)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 01/04/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T79
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U11/T79 2013MY-2018MY Owner Addendum Card
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79-U11 Time Punching Exemption 2-27-18
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Interim Owner NSRAC Combo
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 2018
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised February 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - -U11 Second Revision Communication v4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Subject: FCA - Safety Recall T79 / NHTSA 17V-821 - Brake Transmission Shift Interlock
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79 and U11 Safety Recall Update 2-20-18
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - T79 Remedy Timeline 2-22-18
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised March 2018
Click a tab for more information.