- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- December 9: 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Loose Sensors recalls | 9 days ago
- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 16 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 21 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 27 days ago
Ram Recall T45: Possible Broken Fuel Tank Valve/FMVSS 301
2017 Ram 1500
In the event of a rollover crash, leaking fuel in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017 Ram 1500 trucks. The fuel tanks in the affected vehicles may have a broken fuel tank control valve which might leak fuel if the vehicle were to become inverted. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tanks, free of charge. The recall began on August 10, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T45.
- Documents (9)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/11/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T4507112017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
Click a tab for more information.