9.0

$7,000

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2018 Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ram 1500:

2018 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 262019

1500 SLT 3L Ecodiesel

I was on my way to my step daughter's wedding. I was pulling a 22 foot trailer and had my daughter and a friend as passengers. I covered a total of about 250 km when the engine blew. I was given no courtesy vehicle and had to have a friend tow my trailer home. I then had to find a friend to drive me back to get the truck, The cost to me was the cost of fuel and $800 for the ferry. Now that I know I can't rely on the truck, I would be very hesitant to take the trailer to the mainland. I MISSED MY STEPDAUGHTER'S WEDDING.

- Rob P., Cobble Hill, BC, Canada

Nov 062018

1500 Longhorn 5.7L Hemi

My 5.7 hemi FAILED AT ONLY 26000 KM. Car was extremely well maintained as I am a certified mechanic and have been for over 23 years. Ram told me it is my fault for towing too much when my truck doesn't have a tow hitch, wtf!! I had to pay 7 grand for a used engine, not including labor and a bunch of other parts. I am currently going to repair the truck and sell it and I will never purchase another Chrysler product again. The Chinese make more reliable sh*t then Chrysler. Just gonna stick a Ford or Toyota Tundra. Apparently it was caused by a connecting rod fail.

- Jimmy J., Toronto, DE, Canada