8.0

2019 Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Ram 1500:

2019 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 182018

1500 Rebel 5.7L Etorque

I took delivery of my 2019 Rebel on 8/9/2018. I had it for 9 days and on Saturday 8/18/2018 my check engine light came on along with charging system light and the auto stop/start light. I had it towed to the nearest dealership on Monday 8/20/2018. Dealership called me on 9/14/2018 and said It was ready and I could pick it up. They told me that they had to replace the 48v lithium battery. I get in the truck and leave and about 5 miles down the road check engine light comes on along with the auto stop/start light. I carry it back to dealership and it is still there.. It has been at dealership 40 days and counting.

I called Chrysler on 9/18/2018 and filed a lemon law claim along with sending certified letter to them and their arbitration center. I am very frustrated with Chrysler. They claim that customer satisfaction is their #1 priority, but I don't feel like my satisfaction is their first priority. It takes and act of congress to get any information from them about my case. This was my first Ram purchase. I have owned Ford and Chevy my entire life. Chrysler sure is making me regret my decision to switch to their product.

- Jason T., Sheridan, US