- November 12: Mazda6 Subframe Rust Investigation Closed After Recall investigations | 2 days ago
- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 29 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 44 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 83 days ago
- August 23: Tesla Lawsuit Claims Ontario Bailed Out of Rebate Program news | 83 days ago
Ram Recall S48: Rear Output Shaft Fracture/Possible Loss Of Power
2016 Ram 3500
If the main output shaft fractures, the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, the driver may be unable to place the vehicle in PARK, increasing the risk of a vehicle rollaway.
Power Train — Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Ram 3500 trucks manufactured July 24, 2015, through January 7, 2016, and 2016 Ram 4500/5500 trucks manufactured July 24, 2015, through October 8, 2015. The transfer case may have been manufactured with a misshapen main output shaft, creating voids that may cause a shaft fracture.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transfer case, free of charge. The recall began on August 11, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S48.
- Documents (18)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/25/2016 Safety Recall Communication – S48072516
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/29/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S48062916
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised January 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.