- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 8 days ago
- January 7: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Under Federal Investigation investigations | 12 days ago
- January 5: Cadillac XLR Retractable Roof Investigation Closes investigations | 14 days ago
- December 29: VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Alleges Warranty Is Worthless news | 21 days ago
- December 23: Subaru Cracked Windshield Class Action Lawsuit Filed in California news | 27 days ago
Ram Recall R17: Vehicle Can Exceed The Speed Rating Of The Tires
2015 Ram 5500
If the vehicle exceeds the tires' maximum speed rating, the tires may suddenly fail, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chryser (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ram 4500 and 5500 cab chassis trucks manufactured August 20, 2013, to January 27, 2015 and equipped with 6.4L Hemi engines. The affected vehicles have a maximum governed speed of 106 mph but are fitted with tires that are only rated for a maximum speed of 87 mph.
- Chrysler has notified owners, and dealers will correct the electronic control unit software to limit the vehicle's speed to 87 mph, free of charge. The recall began on June 10, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R17.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.