- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 1 days ago
- March 1: Subaru Brake Light Switch Recall Includes 2.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
- February 26: Subaru Recalls 783,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
- December 26: Subaru Starlink Lawsuit Says Updates Have Failed news | 87 days ago
Subaru Recall WTW-82: Incorrect Fuel Range Display May Cause Stall
2018 Subaru Outback
The inaccurate fuel display may cause a driver to unexpectedly run out of fuel and the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline
Electrical System — Software
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2018 Subaru Legacy and Outback vehicles. Due to a software error, the low fuel warning light may not illuminate at the intended remaining fuel level and the miles-to-empty display may incorrectly indicate a positive number despite the tank being empty.
- Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the combination meter software, free of charge. The recall began February 20, 2019. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru's number for this recall is WTW-82.
Click a tab for more information.