- December 14: Toyota Land Cruisers and Lexus LX 570s Recalled recalls | 1 days ago
- November 21: Toyota Highlander Steering Column Recall May Be Needed investigations | 24 days ago
- November 7: 4Runner TRD SUVs Recalled by Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 38 days ago
- November 1: Scion xA Recall Issued in the U.S. recalls | 44 days ago
- October 31: Toyota Recalls Tundra Trucks Over Label Snafu recalls | 45 days ago
Toyota Recall G0E: Key May Be Removed When Not In Park/FMVSS 114
2017 Toyota 86
If the key can be removed from the ignition when the transmission is not in the "Park" position, the vehicle could roll away increasing the risk of a crash and occupant or pedestrian injuries.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
Electrical System — Ignition
- Toyota Motor Company (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2017 Toyota 86 vehicles manufactured July 1, 2016 through August 11, 2016 equipped with an automatic transmission and ignition key. Vehicles with a push-to-start button or manual transmission are not affected. In the affected vehicles, it may be possible to remove the ignition key without the transmission being in the "Park" position. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the ignition key/transmission interlock wiring connections, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began in January 31, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is G0E.
- Documents (10)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Updated 12/19/2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Toyota December 19, 2016 UPDATED Dealer Letter, FAQ, and Technical Instructions Available on TIS
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 114
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.