- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 2 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 26 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 30 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 44 days ago
2017 Toyota 86
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 Toyota 86
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 Toyota 86 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Toyota service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Toyota customer service.
2017 Toyota 86 POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION NHTSA Campaign #16V920000
Summary: Toyota Motor Company (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2017 Toyota 86 vehicles manufactured July 1, 2016 through August 11, 2016 equipped with an automatic transmission and ignition key. Vehicles with a push-to-start button or manual transmission are not affected. In the affected vehicles, it may be possible to remove the ignition key without the transmission being in the "Park" position. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
Consequence: If the key can be removed from the ignition when the transmission is not in the "Park" position, the vehicle could roll away increasing the risk of a crash and occupant or pedestrian injuries.
Actions: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the ignition key/transmission interlock wiring connections, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in January 2017. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is G0E. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V920000 »