- March 4: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 19 days ago
- January 9: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.7 Million Lexus and Toyota Vehicles recalls | 73 days ago
Toyota Recall H0W: Inoperative Electronic Parking Brake/ FMVSS 135
2018 Toyota C-HR
If the EPB cannot be applied, there is an increased risk of a vehicle rollaway if the vehicle is parked on a hill without being placed into "Park."
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018 Toyota CH-R vehicles. The electronic parking brake (EPB) may not operate properly, possibly causing the parking brake not to disengage after it is applied or prevent it from being applied. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard FMVSS number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Toyota has notified owners, and dealers will update the programming of the skid control ECU as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on November 30, 2017. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is H0W.
- Documents (8)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 14, 2017 - Safety (Noncompliance) Recall H0W – Remedy Notice Certain 2018 Model Year C-HR Vehicles Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) - Skid Control ECU Reprogram
- Miscellaneous Document - November 15, 2017 - NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 135
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 21, 2017 - Updated Dealer letter - Sample Owner Notification has been added and Towing sublet has been included in Warranty Reimbursement Procedure section
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.