- October 14: Toyota 4Runners Recalled By Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 0 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 0 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Class Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 6 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
Toyota Recall J0T: Engine Wire Harness May Chafe And Short
2017 Toyota Prius
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Toyota Prius vehicles. A portion of the engine wire harness connected to the hybrid Power Control Unit (PCU), could contact the cover at this connection and wear, causing an electrical short circuit.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine wire harness assembly and replace it if damage is found. A protective sleeve or protective tape will be included to prevent any future damage. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 30, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0T.
Click a tab for more information.