- January 26: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 1 days ago
- January 24: Toyota Recalls 155,000 Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 21: Toyota Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Recall For 3.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- January 15: Scion FR-S Valve Spring Recall Leads To Lawsuit recalls | 12 days ago
- January 14: Toyota Lexus Fuel Pump Recall Affects 696,000 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
Toyota Recall J0T: Engine Wire Harness May Chafe And Short
2018 Toyota Prius
An electrical short can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Toyota Prius vehicles. A portion of the engine wire harness connected to the hybrid Power Control Unit (PCU), could contact the cover at this connection and wear, causing an electrical short circuit.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine wire harness assembly and replace it if damage is found. A protective sleeve or protective tape will be included to prevent any future damage. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 30, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0T.
Click a tab for more information.